Friday, March 22, 2019

Casting

I used Freya Riseborough to play the role of Freya Smith. I used Freya because I knew I wanted to use VHS tapes in some way as I had never seen short films use them and I had some of Freya from a young age which would fit perfectly for my short film. Also, she is a confident and determined person who was willing to keep trying until it was perfect as well as give ideas of different shots and angles I could do for my short film. I had to use her real name as in the VHS tapes, people were using her name so it would be complicated for the viewers if this suddenly changed.

I used Trudy Riseborough to play the role as the mum. I used Trudy as she is also in these VHS tapes and the chats in some of the tapes between them both are really lovely and show a true bond. Also, she was patient in letting me re-do my shots and angles and was very committed to the character. She acted well in allowing for the audience to connect with her and Freya and I knew that she would put as much effort in as she could into my short film.

I used Suki Almond as the friend of Freya in my short film. I used Suki because she looks a similar age to Freya and they both get on great together so there was no forced acting between them both. I knew they would both enjoy listening to music in the car and wouldn't mind me taking many different shots.

I used Stuart Riseborough to play the role of the kidnapper. This is because I wanted the kidnapper to be able to pick up and throw Freya into the car so this person had to be strong. Also, I wanted Freya to be comfortable in who she was letting do this to her and she was comfortable with Stuart. Stuart is a strong man that pulled off being scary and he wasn't afraid to get involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment